Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Famished Heart

Famished Heart


I am invisible to the world,
Invisibly held fast in Your protection; held fast in your favor.
I grope, grasp and stumble, Your strength upholds me  
Vanity of vanities; You call me beyond my nothingness,
Alluring me unto You, whispering to my restless, famished heart.

Words cannot describe my joy, Yet my voice lifts to You in praise
In You, dead wombs beget generations,
Lifeless souls enter eternity.
Rescue me from the isolation of myself.
Fill my famished heart with joy beyond all words!

My paths you make straight.
My restlessness you fill with holy desire.
Purifying love burns through me like fire;
Your cleansing wrath pours on me like water;
Illuminating my path, refreshing my footsteps.

You erode walls that dam my passion; walls that hedge my charity.
Your justice surges like water;
Your goodness flows like an unfailing stream.
My heart is raised in Your might, resurrected for Your glory.
The profane washes away; the precious revealed, my soul is scoured.

The quiet lullaby is my song of praise!
All who hear me, praise Him!
For God lifts the lowly; sees the unseen;
 Illuminates the ever present beauty.
Famished hearts filled with joy beyond all  words!
Halleluiah!

 Copyright 2011 Heidi Knofczynski

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are not published.